From the wall of Bhupendra, a dear friend of Sudha.
YOU ARE PAYING FOR OUR COLLECTIVE FAILURE TO PREVENT A TOXIC GOVERNMENT FROM SUCCESSFULLY PRACTISING ‘MASS DECEPTION’
I WISH I COULD HELP, SUDHA
After the review petition was lost, Sudha Bharadwaj was taken into custody by Pune police. Her medical examination was over around noon and she may be on her way to a jail in Pune.
Most of us know:
1) Sudha was born an American citizen to Prof(s) Krishna and Rangnath Bharadwaj;
2) Her early education till 11 years was at Cambridge but she completed schooling in Kendriya Vidyalaya, JNU;
3) She gave up her US citizenship at the age of 18;
4) Completed M.Sc. in Maths from IIT, Kanpur in 1984;
5) Got involved with trade unions, especially Chattisgarh Mukti Morcha whose guiding principle was ‘Struggle and Create’ संघर्ष और निर्माण;
6) Became a lawyer in 2000 to help workers fighting for their legal rights and dignity. She joined People’s Union of Civil Liberties and has been practising since 2007 in Chattisgarh High Court, Bilaspur;
7) To help her daughter finish school and start college somewhere, she took a break. Came to teach as a visiting Professor in National Law University at Delhi.
8 ) She was picked from a flat her late mother, Professor Krishna Bharadwaj, left her in Faridabad.
Sudha has diabetes and some other age-related health problems.
As an old friend, I know Sudha’s main concern in jail will be Maaysha – her daughter nicknamed Anu. So, here’s her daughter and Sudha in better times.